MCU + Open Source = ?

Gast #535355
Lesenswert?
• ▲
▼
What microcontrollers could be programmed with ONLY Open Source 
software?

Up to now,  I program AVR Atmega with "gcc" compiler and "avrdude" for 
connection with a board. The target code is perfect, short and fast. 
Avrdude is also a perfect tool.

I know also, that there is no Open Source software for 
Motorolla/Fresscale 8-bit microcontrollers (which is with the SpyderKit 
from Elektor journal). That's why I hate them, because I bought this 
SpyderKit.

Please, if you know any realy good Microcontroller that I can program 
with only Open Source tools (like gcc), tell me please. I am looking for 
any low-power MCU.
Gast #535370
Lesenswert?
• ▲
▼
@Dirk:
But I cannot use non-open source software because of processors on my
host computers. I have PowerPCs and even some other CPU types (non x86
compatible). I have Gentoo Linux installed on all my computers, all
software is builded from source files. I cannot use precompiled binaries
because of non x86 architecture of my processors.
Gast #535373
Lesenswert?
• ▲
▼
But what do you mean ist the "most easy way" to reach your destination?
Waiting for "open source compilers" for several cpu types or work
with a x86 compatible system and come to an end with your final project?

Dirk

Antwort schreiben

Bitte melde dich an, um einen Beitrag zu schreiben.

oder

Mit Google-Account einloggen

Die Registrierung ist kostenlos und dauert nur eine Minute.

Jetzt registrieren